Employment law and HR support for employers
All employers – even if they have less than 10 employees - need HR and legal support for help with common workplace issues including:
- what holidays, work breaks and sick pay their staff are entitled to;
- how to deal with people who don’t turn up to work on time or who take lots of time off sick;
- when they can take disciplinary action or legally dismiss employees;
- What to do when staff are not performing well at their jobs;
- how to respond when staff ask for flexible working hours or other changes to their terms and conditions;
- what their legal obligations are to their staff over maternity leave, paternity leave, shared parental leave, and time off for family emergencies;
- how to act lawfully and fairly when staff raise grievances about their working conditions or make allegations of harassment or discrimination at work;
- what they need to do if they want to make people redundant, or change their job roles, terms and conditions, or pay rates.
Using Lawrite services, employers can make sure:
- all staff have written contracts of employment, or contractor agreements, or director service agreements;
- they have an employee handbook with all the required HR policies and procedures;
- they have templates for letters to use when dealing with disciplinary and grievance procedures, performance review, redundancy and dismissals, and other HR issues;
- they have detailed employment law and health and safety law manuals;
- they have unlimited telephone advice from employment lawyers.